Friday, December 03, 2010

Eliza Claire Funnies from this Week

Eliza Claire Christmas 2009
 Tuesday night Eliza Claire had a stomach bug.  This is not her first stomach bug but apparently she does not remember past ones.  The first time she threw up she was in her room alone.  She started crying and when I went to check on her she said, "Somefing happened!"  I asked her if she threw up and she said, "I don't know!"  Of course looking at her floor it was obvious she had but she didn't know that that was throwing up.  I was really surprised that at four and a half she didn't know what throw up looked like.  Yes, I know I have a very weird since of humor.

The next evening we were home, just the two of us and were getting ready to watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas.  She asked if she had ever seen it and I told her she had.  I explained that the Grinch dressed up like Santa Clause.  At that point she interupted me and said "I don't know what Santa Clause looks like."  I'm not sure if I should feel like a horrible mother or a really good mother if my child doesn't know what Santa looks like!  How can a four year old not know what SANTA looks like?  Granted, we don't make a big deal about Santa. He does visit our house but we don't talk a lot about him and we don't go visit him at the mall or anything.  Of course, five minutes later a commercial came on and she piped up with "Oh, there's Santa!" So obviously she really does know what he looks like.  I guess she just couldn't figure out how someone would dress up like him.

One day this week we were in the car and Eliza Claire was saying that her daddy usually sat in the seat I was in (the driver seat) and that then I sat in the "waiter" seat.  I guess that is the seat the person sits in who is waiting to drive. 

She always comes up with the funniest names and descriptions for things she encounters in her life. 

Aren't you glad after not posting hardly at all I've now posted twice recently about throw up?  I'll try not to make it a habit, but I make no promises

No comments: