Friday, November 11, 2011

Cooking and Sharing

Ruby wanted to know last night at dinner if I would give her my recipe for 15 bean soup when she was a grown up. I assured her that I would, while chuckling to myself thinking about how incredulous she is going to be when I tell her to just follow the recipe on the back of the bean bag, minus the flavor packet. She is going to be shocked that I don't have my own adapted recipe, since I do for most other things I cook.

She then asked if I would tell her how to fix her dish if she put too much seasoning in it and needed to change it. I again assured her I would.

I'm not sure exactly why I thought this exchange was so cute. I think part of it was because she thinks I'm a good cook. And part was because I know how many times I've called my mom to ask her a cooking question or for a favorite recipe.


Jenn - Posted from my iPhone

No comments: