Saturday, January 21, 2017

Maybe We Are Doing this Parenting Thing Alright

Here is a Facebook post from Rehm, posted today:

"As I have been reflecting on the inauguration and what was said I saw something in the news that made me grateful to be in this country. It was the fact that in The Gambia, on the same day as the inauguration, a coalition of West African nations invaded. Why? Because the incumbent president who lost an election seen as free and open, had refused to step down. It took an invasion for democracy to work there.
Here we saw the outgoing president have tea with the incoming president. We saw the outgoing president ride with the incoming to the inauguration. We saw them shake hands after the oath of office was given.
We should not discount the peaceful transfer of power we have here in America, because there are a lot of people who can only dream about that happening on their nation."

I had no idea he had written it until I happened upon it in my news feed. He has always loved politics, from the time he was tiny. I guess he gets that from his Dad. I definitely was not aware at his age. 

I'm glad to see that regardless of who is in office he sees how amazing our system is. 

Feeling proud, 
Jenn

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

So proud of this young man. I read and re-read his comment knowing that something kept drawing me back. I figured it out. Who "reflects' at 15? I certainly did not. Love him.