Monday, November 01, 2010

Gross!

If reading about vomit bothers you STOP READING NOW!

Michael and I were woken up this morning by a very cheerful Charlotte skipping into our room.  This is our typical weekday wake up.  However, this morning instead of Charlotte saying, "Good Morning, Mama!" she said, "Mama, I threw up in my bed during the night and have dried throw up all over me!" Yeah, in a cheery voice!  How in the world can you be cheerful about dried up throw up? Of course at this point I'm thinking OK, she gagged and got a little bit of something on her, no big deal.  There is no way it was a real episode.  She couldn't possibly sleep through that!  I was wrong!
 
Michael got Charlotte in the shower and I got her room cleaned up.  She seems to be fine now.  She had only one or two pieces of candy after trick or treating so this was not a candy overload.  I think she coughed in her sleep and triggered it as she has a very sensitive gag reflex.  I'm still just amazed that she could get sick and never wake up or realize it until her alarm clock went off this morning.  She has done this as a toddler and even then I thought it was strange but it seems extremely strange for a seven year old.  Upon further reflection, I decided I would rather clean up vomit at 6:45 am than 3 am.  But still, I just don't get it.

Aren't you so glad you checked Mayhem Mania today?  Yeah, I don't know why I felt the need to share this, either.

No comments: