Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Ruby Funnies

Every Friday at school Ruby and Eliza Claire's class get to play freeze dance as a special Friday treat.

Me: Ruby, did you play freeze dance?

Ruby:  Yes!

Me:  Did you have fun?

Ruby:  Yeah...once I got buzzed!

Oh my goodness!  Upon further questioning I gather that they go around and "buzz" each other to unfreeze each other.  But, I thought to myself, if this is what I'm hearing in kindergarten I can not imagine what high school and college will be like with this child.

*****************************

Ruby was playing a pretend game with Charlotte the other day.  Their new favorite game is to pretend they are in high school or college and they have boyfriends.  I don't know why this is their current thing but I try very, very hard to ignore it.  Ruby comes downstairs and says, "I'm 18.  I have a boyfriend.  Charlotte and her boyfriend needed alone time (!!!!!) and my boyfriend and I are going to see a rock band.  We like to rock out!"

Again, where do they get this stuff?  I'm assuming the "alone time" is actually a reference to how play dates work at our house.  Everyone likes to have some of their play time alone with their friend as whichever girls are not having a play date always want to play with the person who does have a friend over.  But still!  Not what I wanted to hear.  I chose to ignore the comment instead of getting into the fact that Charlotte and her boyfriend would not be allowed to have alone time in my house!  I decided we could have that conversation several years from now when it is an issue.


*******************************

Ruby and Charlotte were setting up the Playmobil house to be an apartment building.  In Charlotte's apartment she had a family with a baby.  She told Ruby, "Here is my family.  They have a baby.  I just love babies."  Ruby responded, "I just looovveee Rock Bands!"


I really think I may have a nervous break down before I get this child grown.  But she is the cutest, sweetest, most amazing girl.  I just hope she and I survive her teenage years and that she eventually has a daughter with her zest.
Jenn

No comments: