Thursday, June 07, 2012

Cauliflower Wraps or Pizza Crusts



Yes, like everything else in my life right now, this came from Pintrest.  How did I ever get anything done prior to joining Pintrest?  Ah, but I digress.

I try to eat a pretty low carb diet most of the time. It just works for me.  One problem is finding a good bread substitute.  There are times when I need a quick meal I can eat on the go.  A lot of my go to low carb meals do not fit the bill.  So I when I found this recipe  and this recipe I thought they would be perfect for when I need a sandwich or it is family pizza night.

Like with any other recipe, I made changes.  Here's my modified version

Cauliflower Wraps
1 bag frozen cauliflower, thawed
3 eggs
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
2 Tbsp ground flax seed*

Place cauliflower in food processor.  Process until very fine.  Add Parmesan cheese and seasonings, pulse until well combined.  Pour mixture in a bowl and mix in eggs.  On a parchment paper lined cookie sheet make 6-8 inch rounds.  I made mine pretty thin, probably 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.  Bake at 450 for 10-15 minutes.  Flip them over and bake another 5 minutes.  Cool on wire rack.  Mind did not come out crispy.  But the flavor is good and they make a perfect sandwich wrap.  I plan to freeze them and grab them as needed.

*One recipe called for ground flax seed which I intended to add but forgot.  Next time I plan to add it.

Jenn

No comments: