Thursday, September 10, 2009

Good Cooker


This morning I made Ruby cheese toast with a "banana like a monkey." When she finished breakfast she proceeded to rave over what a great breakfast she had. Her exact words were, "Mommy, you make a yummy breakfast! You are a good cooker in the whole world!" That was followed by, "you make a really yummy banana!"

Thanks, sweetie. I worked really hard on that banana. I mean cutting off the top and peeling it halfway was really hard work.

Then for dinner tonight I made ramon noodle soup with grilled cheese. Halfway through dinner Ruby pipes up with "Thank you, Mommy, for a very yummy dinner. This is the best dinner ever!"

Who knew I was just trying too hard and all I had to do to win my daughter's cooking esteem was to serve her my favorite college fare.

Jenn

I feel the need to clarify that today's menu has be dictated by the fact that Eliza Claire and I are still recovering from a stomach bug.

No comments: