Thursday, November 12, 2009

Things heard in the car on the way to school

While eating breakfast in the car this morning, Eliza Claire asked, "Mommy how do you eat breakfast at Heaven?" I said I didn't know and was not sure if you even ate breakfast in Heaven. She was quiet for a few minutes and then completely out of the blue I heard:

Eliza Claire: I love you, Ruby!

Ruby: What you say?

Eliza Claire: I love you, Ruby!

And then there was silence. Ruby did not acknowledge this in any way. I wonder what that means. Maybe she doesn't love Eliza Claire? Maybe she still didn't understand what Eliza Claire said and didn't want to ask a second time? Maybe she got distracted by something she saw out of the window and forgot her sister was talking to her? Who knows. Eliza Claire sure did melt my heart even if her sister ignored her.

No comments: