Saturday, May 05, 2012

Crazy, Dusy Day

Oh my word, what a crazy day! I am so tired I can't see straight. It was such a busy day that I don't even have one picture to show for it.

Here is the day in a nutshell:

Michael left the house at 6:30 am to go run his first 5K. At about the same time Ruby crawled in bed with me.

I left with all the kids at 8:30 to take the bigs to choir dress rehearsal. Then I took the twins to my in-laws to meet Michael. He showered and then took the twins to a birthday party.

While they were at the party, I went to breakfast, my last quiet moment of the day. Then I did our much needed Sam's run. I loaded the cooler with all my bounty and went to pick up the bigs.

We met Michael, the littles and the in-laws for lunch at Chuy's. After lunch Michael took Charlotte to warm up for her team's second tournament game of the day. She missed the first due to choir.

I made goodies for the cookie party that follows the musical. I made Cake Batter Fudge because it is quick and easy to make. Unfortunately, it does not hold up well to sitting out in 90 degree Texas heat for even a few minutes. We kept it refrigerated until the kids were ready to eat. I have some ideas on how to make it more heat resistant. When I try them out, I'll let you know the results.

I intended to fix my hair and put on make up before going to Charlotte's game but realized it would be a complete waste of time given the temperature.

Charlotte's team won their game which meant her team would play again at 8:30. We left the ballpark and headed to church for the Children's choir musical.

The kids did a great job. The musical this year was Are We There, Yet? It is the story of Moses. Rehm played Pharaoh. I think he might have enjoyed being the bad guy a little too much. He did an awesome job. Charlotte led the frog plague. And Ruby and Eliza Claire were diseased cows. Yeah, I know. They were adorable diseased cows.

After the musical the kids got to gorge themselves on cookies and then we all headed back to the ballpark for the game. Both teams played a good game. Unfortunately we lost. It was a really close game.

We made it home at 10:00 pm. The kids are now all in bed and I am beyond exhausted. I honestly can't believe everyone got everywhere they were supposed to today, that we didn't lose anyone, and that I didn't yell once.

I'm now blogging from my phone because the router needs to be reset and I'm too tired to go upstairs and reset it.

I don't plan on leaving the house tomorrow and if I'm lucky wont be getting out of my pajamas!

If you happen to have any pictures of my kids from today, please let me know. I'd love to see them and possibly post a few, with permission, of course.

I really want to do my nails as they are a chipped mess but I don't think I have the patience for that tonight. Maybe I'll read for a bit...

Goodnight!
Jenn- Posted from my iPhone

No comments: