Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Keeping it Real and Not Always about Weight Loss Surgery

Sunday Michael and I were going to church at two different times.  I knew he told me that Rehm was going with him.  Charlotte and Ruby had babysat the night before.  When they arrived home at 1:00 am Charlotte said she would go whenever I was going and Ruby asked not to be woken up.  See where this is going? 

Sunday morning rolls around. Michael leaves before me.  I wake Charlotte.  We go to church.  As were are pulling in the parking lot, I get a call from Eliza.  She wants to know why I left her at home!!!!

Me:  Um...I thought you were with your Dad.

Eliza:  You didn't even check!

Me: ....

Eliza:  I really wanted to be at church today!

Me: I'm so sorry!  I'll send Rehm home to get you and bring you back.

Now, home and church are 20 minutes apart on a Sunday morning.  It was 9:00 at that point and youth programming starts at 9:30. Math is not in my favor.  I inform Rehm of the plan.  He is not happy.  His small group was going off site for a Christmas celebration and now he was going to be late to that.  So I managed to upset half of my kids but they all got where they needed to be and eventually Eliza got over being left.

Oh, it is also official that I have a new interim job at our church.  I am moving from Children and Family Ministry to Student Ministries (Youth- Middle and High School).  I will now be the Interim Student Ministries Assistant.  I keep joking that it is a step up from the Children's job as my title there was Interim Intern.  But it really is a joke as my role will be similar in many respects just with a different age group.  I'm thrilled to get the opportunity to continue to work at our church.  It is a great place and the staff is amazing.  I could not ask for better co-workers.

In other news, tonight everyone helped me make tamales.  This is the first year I've done the whole process on my own.  I usually go to a friend's house to roll tamales and she provides the red sauce and the masa mixture.  But we did it!  I made my own red sauce and all.  I think we made 9 dozen total.  We have beef, pork and bean this year.  That means we are ready for Christmas Eve.  And now my family has seen the whole process too.  Meaning this can be an ongoing tradition for the Maniacs!  That makes me happy.



And last but least, two days of pre-op diet down and not bad at all so far.  Yay!

The tamales should be cooled enough to be bagged and frozen now.  Peace out!

Jenn

No comments: