Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Pet Peeve: It's 2018 People!

Ok this is really not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but it drives me crazy!  Why are we still calling girls' teams Lady Whatever?  Why are they not just The Whatevers like the boys' teams? 

Eliza is playing basketball for her middle school.  They are The Leopards.  One of her uniforms says "Leopards."  The other uniform says "Lady Leopards."  They boys uniforms don't say "Gentleman Leopards" so why in the world does the girls' team need to have a gender qualifier?  If you are at the game and can see, you know they are girls! 

It is 2018!  Both genders play sports.  Why in the world do we still feel the need for this stupid differentiation? 

The worst team I've run into was the Lady Dawgs.  Now lets be honest, what is your first thought when you read that?  Yep you are thinking they are The Bitches.  They are a 12U Softball team.  Who wants their daughter playing on a team with that name?  I mean seriously people.

In other news.  I saw I hilarious elf on the shelf picture yesterday.  Here is the text conversation that happened with my family.


No comments: