Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Day 20 of 30 Days of Mayhem: Papa and Cici's House

Today has been a pretty low key day.  There was nowhere we had to be, no time we had to be anywhere, nowhere we had to drive, it was awesome!

We could not go to the normal breakfast spot because it is closed the week of Independence Day every year.

After breakfast we came home and everyone vegged.  My kids didn't want to talk to anyone, play with anyone, they just wanted to spread out and be.

I caught up on a couple of blogs since I am woefully behind.  Mom mentioned that today was Quilt Bee day.  So I wrapped up a post and found my embroidery bag and she and I headed out to Bee.

After Bee we hit Costco for a few things we need for our trip to the beach and gas.  You have to get gas if you go to Costco.  The NC Costco does not have the Artichoke Jalapeno dip that our Texas one does.  This made me very sad.  I do not like the Artichoke Spinach dip, but the Artichoke Jalapeno is the bomb!  I guess we are not supposed to have it for happy hour at the beach.

When we got home, I'm not sure anyone had moved from when we left.  They were all still getting their veg on.

After dinner we came home and had some outside time.  Eliza Claire practiced pitching, Ruby gymnasticked, Charlotte Hamiltoned, Rehm sat, Zander played catch, the adults watched.

Zander has coined a new nick name for Charlotte that is just plain awesome - Char Char Binks, Ms. Binks, or just plain Binks.  Have I told you about Charlotte's other nick name she earned on this trip?  Ruby gave her this one, it is Mothership.  It is for when she is bossing people around.  Again, I love it.

At some point today, Charlotte was telling Cici and Aunt Sherri about DC and seeing the White House.  She was telling them all about seeing the President's moped.  She talked about all of the black vehicles surrounding him and driving by and how the it was all around the President's moped.  Both were surprised that the President had a moped and that they had never heard about it before.  Then they realized that Charlotte had the wrong term and was talking about the motorcade!  When Cici came home from the grocery store tonight she told Charlotte she saw a motorcade while she was there.

There was a very rousing game of dominoes tonight.  Oh my word!  It was LOUD!  I'm not sure who won, but I know they had lots of fun.  At one point Charlotte said she had a "slimmer of hope" at winning.  I asked if she meant "glimmer," she informed me "no, she meant slimmer because it was even smaller than a glimmer."


Goodnight,
Jenn

No comments: