Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cookies and Cici

These are two things that Eliza Claire holds in very high regard. Much higher regard than her mother. Apparently her mother is a total loser.

A few weeks ago she was talking on the phone to Cici. I overheard her say, "Bye Cici, I love you!" Then she handed the phone off to someone else. I thought it was a fluke but every time she talks to Cici she tells her she loves her. She never says it to anyone else on the phone.

Today we get in the car and I hand her a snack. Cookies. She immediately says, "I love cookies!"

These are the only two scenarios in which I have ever heard Eliza Claire say she loves something or someone. So my question is, why not me? She loves cookies but not her own mother! I tell her how much I love her multilpe times a day so it isn't like she doesn't have the opportunity to tell me. I guess the only thing that keeps me from sinking in to deep depression is Eliza Claire doesn't love her father either!

Silly girl.
Jenn

PS. In case you are wondering Ruby doesn't love anyone or anything at this point. I know that really surprises you.

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Perhaps Eliza is confused about "love" and "dislike"...you know that she has never really liked me.