Thursday, October 16, 2008

Rain!


It has been so long since we have had a rainy day in these parts that I had about forgotten how to react. Ruby and Eliza Claire were thrilled to get to wear their rain coats.

At some point in the day it occurred to me that the yellow rain coat was a hand-me-down from my cousin Zachary who turned 12 today. I know from the name written in the coat that it was a hand-me -down to Zachary. That means it is at least 14 years old. It has been worn by Zachary and all four of my children and it is still in excellent condition. In a year or two I know we will pass it on to someone else as it is still in perfect condition. I wonder just how many children have worn this coat and how many more will.

I don't know why the history of the yellow rain coat is so interesting to me today but I just find it really neat that it has been passed down so many times.

Jenn
Posted by Picasa

No comments: