Sunday, February 22, 2009

Rehm and School

Rehm brought home a stack of graded papers last week and I was flipping through them. On one math assignment I stopped to read the problem he got wrong.

Here was the problem and Rehm's answer:

Hector weighs 42 pounds when he stands on both feet. How much does he weigh when he stand on one foot? Why?

Rehm's answer: 42/2=21lbs. Cinc haf of his body is of the scal just simtle dvid by 2. (That reads: Since half of his body is off the scale just simply divide by 2.)

How I wish it was that easy to lose weight :)

--------------------------------------------

In other Rehm school news, he has been working on timed math test all year. He gets side tracked and never gets them finished. He knows the answers, but just doesn't get them done in time.

He came home the other day and announced, "I got a fifty-fifty!" I had no clue what he was talking about. I thought it was some kind of reference to some fake game of Who Wants to be a Millionaire or something - which knowing Rehm is very plausible. But low and behold he had gotten all 50 addition and all 50 subtraction facts done in the alloted time (3 minutes for addition and 3.5 minutes for subtraction, I think).

He was bouncing off the walls he was so excited. Of course that meant that the math paper made the Artwork of the Day. He even wrote in his journal about it.

In the same week he also made his first 100 on a spelling test. At the beginning of the year he was making low Bs on spelling. Over the last couple of months that has increased to consistent low As, but again he was so proud of his 100, as he should be!

Way to go Rehm!
Jenn

PS. Yeah I know I'm slacking on the blog lately. Work has really picked up in the last few weeks and is taking all my non-kid time. I don't see it getting any better for the next couple of months at least.

No comments: