Monday, June 13, 2011

Finally a good way to dry beach towels

I just have to share this tip.  I have always had a hard time finding a place to dry towels after swimming. Now that problem is solved!

My solution for the last few years has been to wash them after each swimming trip. This gets old as with a family of six it adds an extra complete load of laundry every time we swim. Especially since I am always behind on laundry anyway. I got to where I avoided taking the kids swimming just to avoid the laundry.


The solution? I bought a second shower curtain rod and installed it on the back side of the kids bathtub. Then I bought the curtain rings that are S-shaped hooks. I hang the towels on the hooks. When I want to hide my drying towels and swimwear I just pull the curtain closed. If someone needs to use the tub then everything just gets pushed to the far end out of the way.

Now we are all happy. The towels have a place to dry, they aren't in the way, and I'm happy to take everyone to the pool to swim.

I can't take credit for this idea. I found it at The Frugal Girls. I just tweaked it to fit my needs.

Jenn - Posted from my iPhone

No comments: