Monday, June 27, 2011

Ruby and Eliza Claire are Five!

I can not believe my youngest are five.  Wow, time sure does fly when you are having fun.  Honestly, I can't believe we all survived the last five years.  Some of those years were quite crazy.

I am so blessed to be Ruby and Eliza Claire's mom.  They are such amazing girls.  It has been so much fun to watch them grow into their personalities.  They are so very different from each other but have so much fun together.

Their birthday was mostly a quiet day.  This year all of my kids are foregoing birthday parties and other things as part of our way of involving them in the planning and saving of money for a trip to Disney World later in the year.  Michael was not in town for their actual birthday as he traveled to attend his uncle's funeral.  And Rehm was sick.

Once everyone was awake for the day we opened presents.  Then the three girls, Papa and Cici went out to breakfast.  After breakfast, everyone came home.  The girls played with their new things and I assembled the Playmobil things they received.  Mid-afternoon we stopped playing to have birthday cake.

The girls could not decide on a cake so I got to make two.  Ruby chose yellow cake with caramel frosting and Eliza Claire chose chocolate cake with butter cream frosting.  If anyone would like a slice of cake come on over.  There is still plenty.  

For dinner the girls could agree on a restaurant - Chuys.  Cici stayed home with Rehm and the rest of us enjoyed a fun dinner of yummy Tex-Mex. 

The girls both had a great day and Eliza Claire told me she had the best birthday.  I don't think they missed a birthday party at all.  I know I didn't miss planning one.  I think we might have to make the no-parties-take-a-trip-instead plan an annual tradition. 

Jenn

1 comment:

stace-c said...

I can't believe they are five, either. I remember you being pregnant with them like it was yesterday! Happy belated birthday to two awesome girls.