Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Salvageable?


The kids decided to play outside while I was making dinner (a wonderful breakfast casserole from The Pioneer Woman with Jennifer's infamous changes). This is what I found when I went out to check on them.



Apparently they found enough water in the dogs' water bowls to make mud and proceeded to slather it all over.

Rehm was so proud that he was the cleanest kid. He still had mud all over the seat of his pants and couldn't grasp the concept that it didn't matter that he was the cleanest since he wasn't actually clean!


It was such a nice evening we decided to eat outside. When I took dinner out I noticed Charlotte had a yellow "stain" running down the side of her chin. Apparently she ate a "fruit" off of a tree in the back yard. I have no idea what it is. I "think" the tree is a wild persimmon but I don't know for sure. All I know is it gets these little green fruits about the size of a marble on it. I'm crossing my fingers that it isn't anything poisonous.

So the clothes have all been rinsed in the toilet, which all the kids thought was the grossest thing ever. And they are now in Hazel on the deep steam cycle with an oxyclean pre-wash. This is the first real test for Hazel and Alice. I'm anxious to see how they perform.

I just realized that I have a thing for naming inanimate objects and talking about them like they are part of the family. I wonder what that says about me...
Jenn

2 comments:

Brenna and Molly said...

I had to stop and think what a Hazel could possibly be. I figured it was some crazy Texas brand of detergent or something! :)

Good luck with the stains!

Shelly Kelly said...

I had to laugh at that photo of Charlotte standing there looking quite miserable. Be sure to let us know how Hazel and Alice performed. Let's see - the car is Henry? I think it's cute that you name things. Obviously you spend enough time with these things that they are almsot part of the family!

(Says the person whose first cat was named "Cat" and who called the dog, "Dog.")