Tuesday, January 15, 2013

One Man's Trash...

Is another's treasure.

This morning on the way to drop off kids at school, I spotted a wooden box sitting out with someone's trash about a half a block from my house. It looked rustic and interesting. I thought if it was still there when I came home I might have to check it out.



I tried to talk myself out of going to get a closer look. But, I had something to mail and Pearl needed a walk so she would go potty. She is such a princess, she won't leave the patio if the grass is wet. It just so happened that the house with the box was the same direction as the mailbox.

As we passed the house I continued to try to talk myself out of the box. I mean what is the proper etiquette for taking someone's trash? Now, it's not like I was going through anyone's trash cans or bags. This was in plain sight and obviously part of their trash as it was sitting right up against a bag of trash.

Do you knock on the door and ask if they mind if you take their trash? Do you just grab it and go? I mean seriously, how awkward. I decided to grab and go.

Of course, I was walking so I had to carry it home. Nothing says trash re-homer quite like walking down the street with a wooden box, two dogs and a bag of poop.

I love it. I need to clean it a bit. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. My husband is going to roll his eyes and shake his head when he asks where it came from.












Am I the only one that checks out other people's trash and occasionally comes home with a piece?


Jenn- Posted from my iPhone

*the picture by the garbage cans is staged outside my house, even I'm not crazy enough to stand and take pictures of garbage outside someone else's house. You have to draw the line somewhere!

No comments: