Saturday, January 12, 2013

Taking Christmas Card Photos in January

It seems that I'm a bit behind.  I normally shoot our Christmas card photo over Thanksgiving.  This year I was in NC visiting my parents and the rest of the family was in TX.  Thus, the photo shoot did not happen.  By the time I got home from my trip, I decided that the cards would just have to wait until after the holidays.  This is not the first time I have taken this approach so I knew it would all be OK. 

This afternoon we headed out to the perfect place to take our pictures.  One of my subjects was acting like the tween he is and was not cooperating.  Apparently he is much to cool for family photographs.  My wonderful husband lost all patience with him and for a few minutes I thought we were not going to get decent picture.  Of course, this was about the time that I realized I didn't have the white balance set appropriately on my camera and needed to completely re-shoot.

Doesn't he look positively thrilled?

In the end, everyone cooperated.  No one was physically harmed. And, only a few people gave us dirty looks. 

We celebrated a mostly successful photo shoot with a yummy dinner of Tex-Mex.

Yes, I realize I was a bit vague on the details.  You'll just have to wait until you see the card. 

Jenn

No comments: