Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Day 9 of 30 Days of Mayhem: Driving from Niagara Falls to Connecticut



Today was Ruby and Eliza Claire's lady day of single digits.

I think I have now shared a bed with everyone except Rehm. I can now say with assurance that Charlotte is the worst bed sharer of the bunch! She hogs the bed, and does not move when you try to move her over. I had to elbow her to wake her up to get her to move and then she only moved over a few inches. She elbowed and kicked. She flopped on top of me, hard! It hurt. I will not be volunteering to share a bed with her again anytime soon. Last night both Charlotte and Ruby spoke complete sentences in their sleep at different times.

Ruby wanted to know what Michael was listening to and why he was in other people's business? He was listening to sports podcasts. She told him she didn't understand why he wanted to be in other people's business so much.  He has listened to a lot of podcasts. For someone who only watches the NBA playoffs he has listened to way more post championship analysis than I understand. To say I'm over it would be an understatement.


At breakfast Michael and I were discussing what time we would leave Niagara Falls. I looked at my watch and said, "I bet we are out of here around 10 am." He looked aggrieved at my statement and lamented that he sure hoped it did not take that long. When all was said and done we were pulling out of the hotel at 10:15. It would have been about 15 minutes earlier except we had to wait that long for the elevator to stop on our floor. The elevator was the only negative of the hotel and only at breakfast time. Otherwise it was a great stay. I think we were all a bit sad to be saying goodbye to the falls.

It took about 45 minutes to get back into the US. There weren't that many cars, it was just slow. It was much slower than getting out of the country and into Canada. Once we were across the border the day was very much on schedule. New York state is beautiful! I loved it.


View from the bridge waiting to cross the border back into the US




I did do some napping on the drive, but there was plenty of time for napping it was a seven hour driving day. We also saw part of Massachusetts and a lot of Connecticut, both were also gorgeous.


Somewhere in NY, I think
Something to keep me busy on the drive
Ruby learning some new skills on the drive.  This book was in the donate pile before the trip, when I saw it, I snagged it hoping someone would find it amusing in the car.

Connecticut - I think Hartford, but I'm not sure
Connecticut is nothing like I expected it to be. I thought it would be much more crowded and and I'm sure there are parts that are. We were staying down near the coast in Gales Ferry with Michael's cousin Beth and her family. They have a lovely house and property. I did not want to leave. To date their accommodations were the best we have stayed in. And the company was top notch! I'm sure they got tired of us talking about how much we loved the weather and how cool and pleasant it was. I especially felt right at home because they have the sweetest dog, Shadow. She was very well behaved and loved bit of attention.


Hanging out in our guest apartment in CT.  Getting ready for bed.
I have no clue.  I've stopped asking questions. 
I can not believe my babies will be 10 tomorrow. How in the world did that happen? Where did the time go? I'm so glad, most of the time, that I get to be their mom.

We were very close to Lake Michigan and Lake Erie but never actually saw either, which was very, very frustrating. I wish my kids could come home from this trip having seen 3/5 of the Great Lakes, but alas they will have to be happy with one.

States Visited so Far: 9, I think. AR, TN, KY, OH, IN, MI, NY, MA, CT plus Canada

Sorry for the delay in posting. I'm hoping to completely catch up tonight.
Jenn


No comments: