Monday, February 18, 2008

Laundry, Laundry and More Laundry


It appears that lately I'm obsessing about laundry and washers and dryers. This morning I was thinking about the laundry situation and realized that in a given week I do at least one load of just regular clothes every day, plus 2 or 3 extra loads of linens on Tuesday. So that is 10 loads of laundry a week assuming no one throws up or has and accident and the cat is being good.

Last week Zach added an extra four loads to the weekly total because he peed on Rehm's bed twice and some blankets the girls left in the playroom. I had to wash everything on Rehm's bed including pillows. Luckily, he has a water proof mattress pad on his bed so the pee didn't get to the mattress.

No wonder I'm obsessed with laundry and a better washer and dryer! I'm constantly dealing with it. Either treating stains and soaking, washing, checking for stains and retreating, drying, folding, hanging or putting it away.

I have found my dream set. I know what I want. I check every week to see how good the sale is this week. And yes, I have a brochure on the fridge so I can look at it every day.

My washer is leaking if you don't push the button in after a load but not enough to have to replace it. This morning I went in to move laundry from washer to dryer. When I opened the lid the tub was still full of water. Uh oh. My first thought was "Hallelujah! I get a new machine now!" Then I realized that I accidentally pushed the button in and turned it off and didn't realize it. So it is still chugging along.

Every time I get a piece of the kids clothing out and realize that there are grease stains that got missed I think "the steam washer would have gotten that out." Or when I see the sleeves of Charlotte's shirts that I just can't get completely clean I think "I wonder if the steam washer can make that look better."

So yes I'm obsessed. I think it might be time to look for a self help group:)
Jenn

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Those are really cool. Paige just got them and I thought it was so cool that she didn't have to bend over once to get the clothes out. It can get out grease stains?!!!!