Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sunday Style: Hair by Jenn, Clothing by Cici

Ruby is sporting a cute little French twist - I have to keep it simple, she won't hold still long, and a dress Cici made last year. She had a new Cici Creation but refused to wear it because she woke up on the wrong side of the bed and had to find something to be mad about and the new dress was the first thing she saw.

Front

Top

The Dress

Eliza Claire is sporting a cute little design that I don't remember where I saw it to give credit. Basically you make a part from ear to ear in front of the ears and pull everything behind it into a ponytail. Then you section the front into small ponytails and alternate braiding them in twist braids and regular braids. Finally, you combine all the little braids into the main ponytail. This has become her new favorite hair style. She asks for it most mornings.

Back/side view

Isn't she just adorable? I think this is the cutest dress Cici has made to date!

The pictures of Charlotte's hair don't do it justice. Again I saw this somewhere and now don't remember where. For this style you part the hair across in front of the ears from ear to ear. Take the center part of that hair and put it in a temporary pony. Now combine everything else into a regular pony tail. Place a headband over the part. Take the hair from the temporary pony and pull it back over the headband and incorporate it into the main pony. Then take two bobby pins and make an X to hold the hair in place. This is really easy and looks really cute in person. The pictures just don't do it justice.

I did a variation of this on Eliza Claire this week where I braided the front section before taking it over the headband and incorporating it into the main pony. Again, very easy and very cute. I think it would also be cute if you sectioned the front hair into three sections and braided each and the pulled them into the main pony.

Back, with a off kilter bow. I fixed the bow after taking the picture.

Front - terrible picture, rushing to get to church. If you look carefully you can see the headband, it was thin and very light in color so it doesn't show up well. This dress is an Old Navy sale rack find.

I am going to find all my hair blog links and put them in my sidebar, hopefully sometime this week.

1 comment:

Shelly Kelly said...

I just don't know how you manage to style all three girls with such amazing hairdos! I'm lucky if I can get Cameron to pull her bangs out of her eyes (she wants them to grow out, argh!) You're Incredible!