Friday, March 18, 2011

Ruby and the Hunger Strike





On the way to the movies today both Ruby and Eliza Claire asked for raisins. I had one baggie of raisins and told Eliza Claire I would put some from the bag in a container for her . Ruby was not happy! She started pitching a major fit. Then she said, "If you give some of my raisins to Eliza Claire then I won't eat any raisins!" followed by, "I'm not going to eat anything you give me! Ever!"

Don't you just love preschooler logic? She wanted raisins. She had raisins. She would not eat any raisins because some of the raisins were shared with her sister. How is that better? What part of none of what you want is better than some of what you want?

She quickly forgot about her hunger strike when we got to the theater and I handed her a bag of popcorn.

No comments: