Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Goodies

I came across a couple of recipes that I wanted to try for St. Patrick's Day treats for the Maniacs. Both were hits.




I actually followed this recipe almost exactly. My only change was to add more Tabasco (1 tsp). I baked some today but have enough dough in the fridge to make two more batches. They are great still warm from the oven and really good room temperature.  I do like that I didn't have to make all of them at once. 




I intended to follow this recipe but Ruby was grocery shopping with me and insisted she would not eat chocolate cake. So I made yellow cake whoopie pies with green food coloring and plain vanilla frosting (recipe below). My cakes came out brown around the edges and firm but sticky on the outside - when you pick them up a layer of cake sticks to your fingers. Not sure what I did wrong. But, they taste really yummy.

Butter Cream Frosting
recipe is from my friend Ashley

2 sticks butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
4 tsp. Vanilla
2-4 tbsp. Milk if needed

Cream butter until fluffy. Add sugar a cup at a time blending well. Add vanilla. If needed, add milk a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is achieved.

Jenn - Posted from my iPhone

No comments: