Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of School: Fifth, Second, Kinder and Kinder


I decided to break up my back to school posts today.  Learn more about Ruby and Eliza Claire's first day of Kindergarten here.

This year is a very special year.  This is the one and only year that all of my children will attend the same school, ever!  I intend to thoroughly enjoy the simplicity of having them all in one place for the short time it lasts.





It is also a special year in that it is Rehm's last year of Elementary and it is Ruby and Eliza Claire's first year. It will also be a special year for Charlotte as she will be receiving intervention for her dyslexia.  I think she is going to blossom this year with the extra confidence this intervention should give her.





The twins are in class together.  That probably surprises some who know me well.  They have been separated for the last two years of preschool and typically I try to separate when possible to give them more room to be individuals and not half of a unit.  We made an exception this year because we love their kindergarten teacher.  Rehm and Charlotte both had her and she is fabulous.  We could not in good conscious have one of the twins in her class and not the other.  And we didn't want either or both of them to miss out on the awesomeness of Mrs. Johnson.  So, they are together.  I think it will be a great year for them.



Everyone had a great first day.  They all have friends in their classes that they were very excited to see.  They all like their teachers.  I think it is going to be a very good year.


Jenn

No comments: