Friday, April 13, 2012

Spring Break Beach Trip: Day 1

My kids had been counting the days until our spring break trip for weeks.  They were so . excited because we were going to the beach with our good friends The Weatherbys. 

Unfortunately Michael came down with a stomach virus the night before we were to leave.
Saturday morning I woke up to four excited kids, a sick husband and no preparations made for the trip.  It was decided that the kids and I were leaving without Michael for our trip.  Of course without Michael's help it took forever to get everything packed and ready to go.  But eventually we were on the road.

This was the first time I had taken all four kids somewhere more than two hours from home by myself.  I don't like to drive places I'm not familiar with and definitely  not with kids in tow.  I have to say the trip went very smoothly.  It is so nice that the kids are big enough to help out in the car and be quick for pit stops.

One of the nicest helps was to have Rehm be able to be my technology assistant.  He ran the DVD player, read me directions from the GPS app on my phone, and sent and read texts as needed.

We arrived at the beach house around 4:30 or 5:00.  After getting unpacked and settled we all went out to the beach to explore.  Of course most of the kids went in the ocean even though it was quite chilly. A couple had enough since to stay dry.










It was a very successful first day. It was good for me to get out of my comfort zone.
Jenn

No comments: