Friday, April 13, 2012

Spring Break Beach Trip : Day 2


Since it was still cloudy and cool we decided to go for a walk on the beach after our morning worship service.


All the kids surfing on a washed up log

We had a lot of fun exploring and seeing what the gulf had washed up. 
Washed up log covered in sponges
There were lots of jelly fish and several different varieties.  I think we saw at least four different types.  Once we convinced the kids that the jelly fish could not jump up and sting them they enjoyed studying them closely.

A large dead cabbage head jelly fish
I told you it was big.
We found several large beds of periwinkles.  Everyone enjoyed seeing how many they could get in their hands at one time. 






We saw lots and lots of Portuguese man of wars.  This on was still alive but stuck. 







I like this picture.  In the center is a hermit crab digging back into the surf.  But I like the shadows of everyone watching it.

In the afternoon the sun came out and we went out on the beach to play. 


Rehm digging periwinkles



We built a sand castle to occupy those who didn't want to be in the freezing cold water.  Rehm had never seen a drip castle before.  I'm not sure how, probably because he is so oblivious.  He asked me if I got the idea from Pinterest! When I stopped laughing I told him I had known how to make drip castles since long before there was a Pinterest.










Michael mostly recovered from his stomach bug/food poisoning joined us mid afternoon.

After dinner we had s'mores and battled the gigantic mutant mosquito that could have carried off a small dog.





Jenn- Posted from my iPhone

1 comment:

Jill said...

I'm chuckling about Pinterest. If only he understood we didn't have internet in college.