Sunday, January 28, 2007

Frank!


Not only is the silly fake Auqasaur still alive it now has a name.

I commented today that the Auqasaur didn't have a name and Rehm immediately said, "We should name him Frank!" Then a minute later he said we should name him Aquasaury. I quickly nixed that one. So Frank it is. Except I'm still not convinced that Frank is a real Aquasaur.

This picture is what an aquasaur is supposed to look like. Frank looks nothing like this. I just spent the last 10 minutes trying to take a picture of Frank so everyone could see that he looks nothing like this, but he is so small and fast that I was never able to get more than a blur. An Aquasar is supposed to be 2 inches long, Frank isn't even an inch. The "shell" on the Aquasaur, Frank doesn't have it, and Frank's eyes protrude out from his head. And his little shrimp tale is red! So I think we have a fake Aquasaur, but at the moment the five year old doesn't care. Frank is only supposed to live at most 3 months. So far he has made it about 4 weeks. I'd say for an aquasaur with stunted growth or a complete fake, he has made it much longer than I ever expected.

Michael would say the real story is not in Frank's fakeness but in my obsession with his fakeness. And the fact that I would actually take time to try to take the silly thing's picture. I think he thinks there are a lot more useful things I could be doing with my time than obsessing about the Frank the Fake. Ah well, he is probably right and I did just realize that I need to go finish making lunches and fold laundry.

Here are a few pictures from the weekend that I thought were precious. Enjoy!

Ruby the Red Nosed Reindeer

Eliza Claire

Charlotte

Yes, I know Christmas is over but apparently Charlotte doesn't!

Jenn

No comments: