Thursday, January 25, 2007

Get Over It!!!!


Do I have a 3 year old or a teenager?

So today when I picked Charlotte up from school, we were getting in the van. I had asked Charlotte to get in her seat. Instead she had decided to go get her lunch box. I blocked her path and a fit ensued.

Charlotte: Screaming and crying
Me: Charlotte, get in your set and use your big girl words.
Charlotte: Still Screaming.
Me: Charlotte, get in your set and use your big girl words.
Charlotte: Mommy, get over it! (In big girl words, no crying, no screaming, no whining)
Me: Charlotte, use your big girl words and tell me what you need.
Charlotte: Get over it!

Finally she decided to get in her seat as asked nicely for her lunch box so she could have a snack. I gave it to her and off we went.

In case you're wondering I was able to refrain from laughing until she couldn't see or hear me. But if this is how she is talking to me now what is she going to be like at 13? And I'm still not sure what I was supposed to get over, her not being in her seat or her not using her big girl words :)

On a different note. I tried a new meatloaf recipe tonight that was fabulous. If you are watching your weight or on a low fat diet, eat a very small piece. It is Paula Dean's recipe and is called Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf. Enjoy! We sure did. I served it with mashed potatoes. If you are like me and like real mashed potatoes but don't have time to deal with making your own try the frozen ones. They are really good and no one would ever know the difference!

Tomorrow is shaping up to be a "fun" day as I'm starting to think Eliza Claire has an ear infection. What is up with our family's genes! Our ear genes suck!

Happy almost weekend!
Jenn

2 comments:

Mom said...

Looked at the meatloaf recipe. It looks like it would be really good. I guess to actually qualify as "heart attack in a pan", it would require the addition of Crisco!!
Mom

Keri said...

That can't be Charlotte. How did she get so big. She looks like a big girl now, there are no "baby" traces left.