Sunday, December 13, 2009

Taking matters into her own hands



Alternately titled: Getting the last word.

Ruby asked me to move these things out of her room at bedtime, after lights out. I told her we would do it on the morning. Apparently, that was not a good enough answer as she moved them into the doorway of my room!

I think there is a little more to Ruby's message to me than "see I did it myself." I think she wanted to make sure I knew she was annoyed by my answer. Maybe not, but it is Ruby we are talking about.

So is this progress over pitching a fit? I wonder what she would do if I moved them back in her room for her to find in the morning? That just might make her head explode.

Edited to add: The first thing Ruby said to me this morning was, "did you see that I moved the things out of my room?" Yeah, I saw that! It was kind of hard to miss since, you know, I couldn't even walk in my room to go to bed with out falling all over it.

My suspicions were confirmed, she was making much more of a statement and not just moving things out of her room. And she wanted to make sure I heard that non-vocal statement loud and clear. Makes me wish I had moved all of it back in her room last night.

If this is what she does at three, just imagine life at my house in about 10 years.

Jenn

No comments: