Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I Just Don't Know What to Think about This

Eliza Claire's class did an assignment where they had to make campaign posters. Several of the children had slogans about being able to get you friends, being nice, being good students, being able to get you what you want. This is Eliza Claire's poster:




In case you can't read it, it says, "I'm willing to do anything, Vote for Eliza!" How do I interpret this? She's willing to lie, cheat and steal for your vote? She'll pay you for your vote? She'll be your friend for your vote? She'll do your homework for your vote? Not exactly what you want to see on your seven year old's school work. I can't wait to ask her what she meant by this. I'm sure it is something much better than what I'm thinking. And, if not, I'll start explaining why this is not what you want to say or do to win elections.

Jenn

No comments: