Sunday, January 16, 2011

Garage Find

I had a corner in my family room that needed a table of some sort.  I had been browsing various venues looking for something to fit.  I had found a couple of options.  My favorite was from Bed Bath and Beyond and was $130, which was more than I wanted to spend.

I happened to be in my in-laws garage looking for a clock I wanted for the family room mantel and spotted a table atop a stack of other stuff that looked like it just might be just what I was looking for.  It was not easily reachable and it was several weeks before it actually made it to my house.

Damaged table top



The table is the perfect size, shape and price.  I love the character of it.  Unfortunately it had some serious water damage and a big ole chunk of veneer missing from the top.  Of course, that did not stop me from using it.  Over the course of a couple of trips to Target.  I found a tray to cover the worst of the damage to the top and a couple of baskets to hide our junk.  Now it is the perfect addition to my family room.  And the baskets and tray cost a total of $45 so the overall price was great too!

1 comment:

Lisa Henley Jones said...

I love finding things like this. What an unusual table. It looks great with the baskets.