Saturday, February 24, 2007

It's a Surprise!

Michael took Charlotte with him to run some errands on Saturday. One of the errands was picking up a scooter for Rehm's birthday. I didn't think about Charlotte having to keep a secret when I sent her with her daddy on the errands. At some point while they were gone Rehm asked where Charlotte was. I told him and he wanted to know why he didn't get to go. I told him they were buying his birthday present - I know probably not the smartest thing to do but I usually err on the side of honesty with the kids.

Not long after Charlotte and Michael got home the following conversation took place.

Rehm: I hear you got my birthday present

Charlotte: Yeah it's a scooter....Oh no, it's a surprise!

Rehm: I heard what you said - you said its super!

Micheal and I start laughing relieved that he didn't hear what she said. Then Rehm starts questioning us about just how super the present is. We then had another conversation with Charlotte about the importance of surprises.

Bets on how long it takes her to tell him what it is again and him to understand her?

OK everyone - you can't mention his birthday present to him until the end of March. I'm sure none of you want to be the one to ruin the surprise!

Jenn

1 comment:

Sherri said...

I thought Rehm got a scooter a couple of years ago? I am sure that it is a super present. Knowing Charlotte and Rehm, I am guessing that more questions will be asked and Rehm will know before his birthday. I am sure he will love it either way.