Saturday, February 17, 2007

The Quest for Aquasaurs - Part Two

Yes, we are once again trying for aquasaurs (AKA tadpole shrimp). And in our quest we have of course spent even more money. After extensive research (OK reading one web site) we decided that we needed a larger tank (which we had), a heater and filtration system (which we didn't have). So after a trip to the pet store and another $40 (yikes) we are back in business. Can I just say this shrimp has cost WAY too much money. I guess we probably should have cut our losses already but what can I say I'm determined (Michael would say I'm obsessed). I did justify the new expense due to being able to reuse everything to just have a small tank for the kitchen or one of the kids rooms.

We added eggs to the water today so in 24-48 hours we should have hatched something. In about a week we should know if that something will be aquasaurs or fairy shrimp... Bets are currently being taken as to the success of this project. If we don't get auqasaurs this go round I'll call the company and complain and ask them to send another thing of eggs. After that we'll just have to see. But I am optimistic that it is going to work this time.

No comments: