Sunday, February 04, 2007

So Long, Farewell

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night.

I'm sad to announce the passing of Frank the fairy shrimp. He lived 6 full weeks in a wonderful tank with lots of fake plants and fake volcanoes - I guess that is OK for a fake auqasaur. He is proceeded in death by 4 of his siblings and survived by too many water fleas to count. He will be missed.

Given that the average life span of the fairy shrimp is 4 to 8 weeks and Frank lived approximately 6 weeks, I feel like we did OK. If only our goal had been to raise fairy shrimp...

In other news, Rehm went to the doctor today because he had been getting progressively worse for the past few days. He woke with a fever of 103.6 and while at the doctor sat on my lap with his coat zipped to his chin, his arms pulled inside the body of the coat and still shivered. The doctor diagnosed Scarlet Fever. I really think he does have strep throat (event though he wasn't cultured for it today) and while I know I'm not a doctor, everything I read about the rash that comes with scarlet fever doesn't match his rash. So I don't know what to think. Luckily the little girls have a well baby appointment with our regular pediatrician tomorrow so I'll run it by him. My mommy instincts tell me he has strep throat and a virus on top of it, but I didn't spend 100k+ and 8 years of my life on that educated guess, so who knows.

Charlotte is definitely on the mend, and Rehm has not had anymore bouts of chills since getting up from his nap and having his antibiotic. So I'm crossing my fingers that everyone is finally on the mend. Wouldn't that be nice?

I almost forgot that today was the Superbowl, even though it is on in the background right now. I just saw the greatest Emmit Smith HEB commercial. Very well done. OK so I guess I now have to admit I actually watched Dancing with the Stars. Yes, I know it is embarrassing but I'm sure I'm not the only one out there...

It doesn't feel like Super Bowl Sunday since our friends who used to have the greatest Super Bowl party ever had a kid and quit having the party - well, at least that's what they tell us, maybe they still have it and just don't invite us anymore... If your reading we still love you anyway.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and your team won,
Jenn

No comments: