Thursday, October 15, 2009

Remebering


Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. Please take a moment to lift up the families you know that have a baby in heaven. Unfortunately, there are a lot of us out there.

This is a great day to call a friend and tell them that you, too, remember the child they lost. I know it can be a scary thing to do. I know you can be afraid you'll make them sad. I know you can be afraid to say the wrong thing. But you know what? It will make their day. Why? Because it shows them that the baby they lost is remembered and important. If you know the child's name make sure you use it. It really means a lot.

Do you know what one of the biggest fears of parents who lose a child is? It is that people will forget. That their baby won't matter. That their child will have no impact. So please take a minute to let someone dear to you know their baby mattered and still does.

Today I remember Sam, Ryan, Matthew, Aaron, Ashton, Rebecca, Shane, Bradley, JJ, Bradley, Evan, Sarah, Kelly, Sylar, Silas, Patrick, Carter, Jean, Justin, Henry, Wilson, Nicholas, Maryanne, Cole, all the babies who left this world before they had names and many more.

Who do you remember today?
Jenn

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember my nephew Alexander Nicolas Mara. 10/13/1995.

Shelly Kelly said...

Thanks for letting us know about this special day Jenn. I would have loved to blog about it too.
Today (and many others), I remember Sam, because without him you and I might never have become friends.

I'm also remembering my cousin, Cameron, for whom my daughter is named.

And another cousin's twin sons, Torren & Kinden, who were unexplicably called to heaven mere days before birth. I thought of them a few weekends ago, at a wedding, how they should have been running around with their red hair.

Phyllis said...

Thinking about Sam today (and most days).
Love you

Meredith said...

I didn't know that about today when I saw you this morning.

I am remembering Sam today... he is spoken of and remembered often, especially by my little ones in this household.