Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Latest Hair Trials

I'm running out of names for my hair posts. Here are the latest.

Eliza has started asking for rainbow ponies. This means she wants to pick out 4-7 different colored ponytail holders and wants me to do something with them. I normally use most of them to make small ponies straight back and then figure out something to do to combine all the ponies together, like this.

This style came from Babes in Hairland and Hair for my Princess both. I love this. It is not hard, but it does take about 10 minutes to do. I've also done this style on Eliza Claire but didn't get any pictures that day. The original idea came from the movie Beverly Hills Chihuahua. It is funny I find myself constantly pausing the TV to check out hairstyles now, trying to figure out how it was done and if I can make it work on the girls.



Ruby's do is not pretty. One morning she told me she wanted a diamond in her hair. Since she seems to be the one that doesn't get fancy hair regularly I wanted to humor her. I had no idea what to do to get a diamond in her hair. I decided I would do a diamond shaped part and then figure it out from there. This is what I came up with. She would not hold still so her diamond part is a bit wonky but it was the best I could do with a squirming two year old. In true Ruby fashion, the second I finished her hair, she proceeded to pitch a fit and try to rip out all the ponytail holders because she had decided she just wanted ponytails after all. I finally got her to realize she had ponytails and to leave it alone. Silly girl.



Make sure you check out the new blog roll on the right. It has all of the hair blogs I read on it. So if you ever want ideas or to find out more about a style I did you should be able to find it there.

Jenn

PS I just realized that Ruby's pictures are from the grocery store. Yeah, I know I'm a freak taking pictures of the kids at the store. You should see the looks I get sometimes. I was taking pictures of something else the girls were doing and realized I had not taken pictures of her "fancy" hairdo so quickly snapped those too.

4 comments:

Wencked said...

You're no freak...you're a blogger mom!

I love the everyday pictures!

I have a smaller camera in my purse at all times now to catch those moments.

Jenn said...

Unfortunately, I only have a small camera in my purse. I would love to have a "real" camera capable of so much more, but alas that will have to wait. One day...

Alicia said...

I guess I didn't realize that was in Beverly Hills Chihuahua. Hmmm have to watch for it now!

All the hairstyles are beautiful as always. Maybe I'll try something for Mackenzie's play at school tonight.

Doodle - said...

You are so inventive with the girls hair. Can I admit I am a wee bit jelly???