Thursday, April 19, 2007

I'm an Empyt Nester!

As of this morning all of the baby birds have left the nest. I'm kind of lonely. I miss hearing their little chirps and seeing Mommy bird and Daddy bird flying around outside the window.

When I checked on my little birdies last night there was only one remaining in the nest. It came out and was standing on the opening to the house. When I came back it was gone. I missed seeing it take flight by mere minutes.

This morning really saddened me as I found the body of one of my baby birds in the neighbors yard. Poor little guy. I knew they wouldn't all make it but was crossing my fingers that I wouldn't have to be smacked in the face with the reality of it. I guess I should just be happy I haven't seen either of the dogs walking around with feathers hanging out of their mouths and that so far neither of the big kids have discovered a dead birdie. I really don't want to deal with that today.

Ah, maybe we will get more birds in our cool little house sometime. I really enjoyed watching them grow. Now to figure out how to get the old nest out so some bird can make a new one...

Off to work,
Jenn

No comments: