Monday, April 16, 2007

Interesting Start to the Day


This morning Charlotte, Ruby, Eliza Claire and I walked Rehm to school. It started misting when we got to the field behind the school so I told Rehm we wouldn't walk him all the way in this morning. I left the stroller at the edge of the field and walked up just far enough to be able to see Rehm walk in the door of the school. (OK I realize I'm a little paranoid here but it makes me feel better to know he got in the building! And he is only in kindergarten after all!)

I noticed that Charlotte was trying to push the jog stroller but didn't stop her. A minute later I heard crying and turned around to see the stroller turned over and Charlotte under it! She had pulled it back and it had fallen backwards on top of her! Yikes!

I ran over and sat the stroller upright. Charlotte and Eliza Claire were both crying, Ruby thought it was pretty funny. I picked Charlotte up and found out she had hit her head when she fell but was OK. Eliza was fine she was just scared.

Luckily the stroller has five point harnesses and the girls were securely buckled and didn't get dumped out on their head! Everyone is fine, but it was definitely and exciting start to the day.

Needless to say, Charlotte and I had a talk on the way home about who could push the stroller and why.

Happy Strolling,
Jenn

PS. No I don't have pictures because I didn't have the camera with me. If I would have had the camera, I would probably have been a really bad mom and taken a picture before righting everyone. Yes I know it is bad but a picture is just so much better than a description.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Glad everyone is OK. I have seen some terrible stroller accidents.