Friday, April 20, 2007

Miss Jenni and the Play

My kids love Miss Jenni. She is their favorite person to come over to play with them. She was here watching the kids on Sunday night and then again on Monday afternoon.

They decided to put on a play for me. First they had to design the stage (they made fish to decorate the fireplace). In the process they used a bunch of glitter! I still have not gotten all the glitter up. Charlotte got a bunch in her hair and it is still stuck to her scalp. I can not get it off. I have scrubbed and scrubbed but to no avail.

Here's the play to the best of my memory.

The characters in the play were
the Sea King

and the Mermaid.

Mermaid: Oh Great Sea King we need your help!

Sea King: You must bow to the Sea King before I can hear your request.

Mermaid (bowing to the Sea King): There is a shark outside of our cave.

Sea King: Give him one of these (pieces of popcorn) every day and he will not bother you.

Mermaid: Oh thank you great Sea King!

I tried to video this with the new digital camera but some how I only got an added on extra bit at the end, not the whole thing. Will have to play with the camera some more.

Luckily Miss Jenni is coming again next week and I'll get to see another play.
Jenn

3 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like you have an excellent sitter. The play was gripping by the way... LOL!

Rehm said...

Yes, she is fabulous! She teaches at our church's preschool and works in the church childcare as well. We absolutely LOVE her.

I think this weeks play is going to be American Idol - for some reason the show was mentioned today and Rehm wanted to know what it was. I told him it was a singing contest. So now he wants to do his own AI. I told him that would be good for a Miss Jenni play. Of course neither Rehm or Charlotte have ever seen the actual show so who knows what they'll come up with.

Sherri said...

I wish I could find a Miss Jenni - I loved the play! What great costumes.