Friday, November 14, 2008

Bike Update

No bike at school this morning. No bike at school this afternoon. So we called the police and reported it stolen. There is something a little intimating about having an officer around at your door even when it is at your request. And when she called in my driver's license number I felt like I had done something wrong. I'm sure it was just to verify that I was who I said I was but still it was kind of strange. I also didn't understand why she needed my height and weight for the report...

The officer did remind me of an important fact I had forgotten. We should be recording serial numbers for things like electronics and bikes as that is the only way they can search the data base for these items. I knew that but had forgotten it over the years and of course did not have that information for this bike. But I'm sure I'll have it for the next one.

Now we wait and see if it turns up. I don't think it will. So, how long do we wait before buying a new one?

No comments: