Thursday, November 13, 2008

Chrirstmas Cards?


That is the $64,000 question of the day. Do I do Christmas cards this year or not? Last year I took the picture, designed the card, purchased 100, bought the stamps and never mailed them. Finally around Easter time I cried "Uncle." So do I attempt it this year?

For two to three years prior to the 2007 Christmas Card Debacle I had given up on Christmas cards and started sending Valentine's Day cards. I thought it was a very original idea and it didn't have to be done during the craziness that is November and December. Maybe I should go back to that. Maybe I should send Happy Summer cards. Maybe I should do nothing.

If I do a card, that requires the cooperation of my dear, sweet, wonderful children. Ha! It requires finding something for them all to wear. It requires finding a good setting for a picture. It requires designing the card. Do I have it in me? I just don't know.

So what do you think, leave your comments here? Should I do them and if so for what occasion?

Luckily the stamps I bought last year were forever stamps. And yes, I still have a couple of books leftover.

3 comments:

Brenna and Molly said...

The trick is absolutely to use 4 separate pictures! Most places have cards now that allow for multiple photos. You'd only drive yourself insane trying to get one decent shot of everyone! Pick the ones you like best of each kid and if you can't find a place with a 4 photo template, just email them to me and I'll use my digital scrapbook stuff to put them together. It will take 2 minutes and save you 1,000 gray hairs. :)

Unknown said...

yes!!! It is the only picture that I get of my nephew and neices- Bad Aunt!

Unknown said...

yes!!! It is the only picture that I get of my nephew and neices- Bad Aunt!